HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (previously HLTAID007)
HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
Premium Health prides itself in creating robust and realistic training courses that deliver competence and confidence to learners. Whilst other providers focus on shortened programs and minimal resourcing, Premium Health utilises our paramedics and nurses training expertise to truly understand the unit of competence and create programs that achieve tangible outcomes. Through comprehensive instruction, students will understand the mechanism of both trauma and medical conditions and be equipped with the knowledge to make a clinical decision in selecting and providing the appropriate intervention. Through demonstration, practice, fault correction, repetition and scenario-based assessment, students will develop and master hands-on skills to make life saving interventions and the confidence to perform under pressure.
This unit is often required of workplaces or organisations where first aiders may have access and be required to utilise specialised equipment to provide resuscitation or oxygen therapy in a range of complex situations and environments. Students will develop the skills and knowledge required to assess and treat a range of conditions including cardiac arrest, life-threatening bleeding and provision of oxygen therapy where indicated. Additionally, the course emphasises a theoretical focus on anatomy and pathophysiology to help students understand not just what to do in an emergency, but why they do it.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform resuscitation procedures
- Deliver oxygen therapy
- Communicate details of the incident
- Review the incident
Some topics covered in the advanced resuscitation course are:
- Assessing the need for oxygen administration
- Understanding resuscitation equipment and delivery devices
- Safety precautions, cleaning and disinfection of resuscitation equipment
- Correct method of administration of oxygen
- Use of airway management and suctioning devices
- Life-threatening bleeding intervention including tourniquet and haemostatic dressing use
- Assessing and interpreting casualty vital signs
- Basic life support (DRSABCD)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, defibrillation
- Infection control
People over the age of 14 years are eligible to attend. Students attending the course are required to demonstrate their physical ability to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor. This is a requirement of the unit and not of Premium Health. If you are unsure of your ability to demonstrate this requirement please contact us on 1300 721 292.