Perform Venepuncture and Pathology Collection
Participants will practice venepuncture using vacutainer, butterfly and needle, and syringe methods of blood collection on a 'model' arm with an option to undertake a live bleed.
There can be no better trainer than one who has "lived" the experience. As a trusted health professional, they will teach the 'why' of your course and are committed to your learning.
Some of the topics include:
- Vascular system anatomy and physiology
- Equipment used for venepuncture
- Identifying and selection of venepuncture site
- Preparation for venepuncture
- Venepuncture procedure
- Potential complications
- Collection tubes and the correct order of blood draw
- Relevant first aid management
- Infection control