HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support (previously HLTAID002)
The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Review the incident
- 3 hours and 45 minutes face-to-face assessment and online e-Learning
- 3 hours live zoom assessment and online e-Learning
- 7 hours face-to-face training and assessment with online e-Learning
- 2 days face-to-face training and assessment
Premium Health believes every participant should have their own manikin - this means there is no waiting around for "your turn". Learning is best remembered by "the doing", this means the more time you actively spend time on the manikin the greater the retention of the skill, so when you may need to recall how to do CPR, you are more able to recall and perform the skill.
Our training will help you manage and care for a person with a range of first aid issues such as those below:
- First aider responsibilities (home and workplace)
- Bleeding and shock
- Heart and respiratory conditions
- Altered conscious states (seizures, fainting, head injuries)
- Bones, soft tissue, and skin conditions
- OHS/WHS legislation (Act and Codes of Practice)
People over the age of 14 years are eligible to attend. Students attending the course will be required to demonstrate their physical ability to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor. If you are unsure of your ability to demonstrate this requirement please contact us on 1300 721 292.