HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support (previously HLTAID002)
The unit also teaches participants to apply the appropriate first aid procedures and to communicate the details of these emergency situations. The unit also includes CPR and care of the unconscious person in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide an emergency response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate the details of the incident
- Review the incident
Our Provide basic emergency life support training will help you manage and care for a person in cardiac arrest and teach you the skills of life support (correct ratio of rescue breathing to chest compressions) using the Premium Health Method.
Some of the topics covered in the basic emergency life support training are:
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious casualties, infants, children and adults
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), infants, children and adults
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Infection control
- First aider responsibilities (home and workplace)
- Bleeding and shock
- Heart and respiratory conditions
- OHS/WHS legislation (First Aid Codes of Practice)
Premium Health believes every participant should have their own manikin - this means there is no waiting around for "your turn". Learning is best remembered by "the doing", this means the more time you actively spend time on the manikin the greater the retention of the skill, so when you may need to recall how to do CPR, you are more able to recall and perform the skill.
People over the age of 14 years are eligible to attend. Students attending the course are required to demonstrate their physical ability to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor. This is a requirement of the unit and not of Premium Health. If you are unsure of your ability to demonstrate this requirement please contact us on 1300 721 292.