HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (previously HLTAID001)
This unit will train students in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and applies to people who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Our CPR training will train students to care for and manage a person in cardiac arrest and provide quality instructional skills on life support (correct ratio of rescue breathing to chest compressions).
Each student will have their own manikin to ventilate and compress the chest to perfect their technique.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Review the incident
- 1 hour and 30 minutes face-to-face assessment and online e-Learning
- 1 hour and 30 minutes live (zoom) assessment and online e-Learning
- 2 hours and 45 minutes face-to-face training and assessment
Premium Health believes every student in our CPR courses should have their own manikin - this means there is no waiting around for "your turn". Learning is best remembered by "the doing", this means the more time you actively spend time on the manikin the greater the retention of the skill, so when you may need to recall how to do CPR you are more able to recall and perform the skill.
Our CPR training will help you manage and care for a person in a cardiac arrest and teach you the skills of life support (correct ratio of rescue breathing to chest compression's) using the Premium Health Method.
Other topics include:
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious casualties, infants children and adults
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), infants, children and adults
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues in first aid
- Infection control
Anyone over the age of 14 years are eligible to attend. Students attending the course will be required to demonstrate their physical ability to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor. If you are unsure of your ability to demonstrate this requirement please contact us on 1300 721 292.
We have two types of delivery options for these public training courses. Sessions with "Pathway: 1 hour and 30 minutes face-to-face assessment and online e-Learning" have mandatory pre-work you must complete prior to attending the session. Instructions will be included in your booking confirmation email you will receive at the time of enrolment. Please reach out to us if you have not received it.