Managing Immunisation Emergencies (Yearly Update)
The course also delivers essential knowledge and skills from the national training unit in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and frames the resuscitation within the context of an AEFI. The intent is to develop students' capacities for making sound clinical judgements within critical timeframes, and working dynamically and collaboratively with the trainer and colleagues to achieve competency and build confidence.
During the workshop, relevant changes are highlighted, clinical practice issues are examined, skills demonstrated, practiced and assessed.
The cost per corporate training course is $1,800 for up to 15 participants and $110pp thereafter for up to 20 (COVID venue permitting). Additional charges may be incurred for courses outside metropolitan Melbourne. Alternatively, public bookings can be made below.
- Recognise life-threatening adverse events occurring immediately following immunisation (AEFI)
- Recognise the signs, symptoms and differential diagnosis of immediate AEFI
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures (infants, children and adults)
- Review the incident
- Communicate the details of the incident
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Managing Immunisation Emergencies (Update)
Some of the topics include:
- Responsibilities of the immuniser
- Critical incident management
- Infection control
- Recognition and management of anaphylaxis following immunisation