Mental Health First Aid : Refresher
To attend this course, participants MUST bring their original MHFA certificate or evidence of previous attendance to their instructor on the day of training.
Participants can contact MHFA Australia directly to confirm their status if they do not have this information or are not sure of the attendance dates:
Email: email@example.com or Phone: +61 3 9079 0200
- 4 hours face-to-face training
- 5 hours live (zoom) training (2.5 hours x 2 sessions) and online e-Learning
- Understanding the latest research in the mental health field
- Revising the mental health first aid action plan (ALGEE)
- Reviewing the 3 key actions for helping someone feeling suicidal
- Work through complex mental health first aid interactions
- Practice their mental health first aid skills in a supportive learning environment
MHFA accreditation is valid for 3 years after the date of initial accreditation as stated on the MHFA certificate of accreditation. Participants have from 6 months before their accreditation expiry to 3 months after to complete the Refresher Course and online assessment. Their renewed accreditation will be valid for 3 years from the date they passed their refresher online assessment. The Refresher Courses were released in early 2018. Anyone who has completed a Standard 2-day MHFA course in the last 3 years is eligible to attend. Please note: Your accreditation will only be extended if you have previously undertaken a MHFA course on or after July 1st, 2015, not before that date.
Accredited Mental Health First Aiders will receive a reminder email from MHFA Australia six and three months before their accreditation expiry date.