Assisting clients with medication – Premium Health offers the best in Health Care training
Premium Health's Assisting Clients with Medication course has been developed by our nurses to provide support workers with an understanding of how to assist clients with their medication needs.
The course will be delivered by one of our health professionals (nurses or paramedics) and is specifically in response to a client requiring planned or unplanned assistance with their medication according to a relevant health support or care plan.
The course covers the distribution and administration of prescribed and over-the-counter medication.
After completing this course support workers will be able to:
- Ensure the authority to proceed to assist a client with their medication
- Prepare the client for assistance after identifying the level and type of physical assistance or supervision required
- Assist and support the administration of a wide range of different types of medications
- Understand some of the ways medications are classified
- Identify lines of authority, accountability and actions to be taken to handle contingencies
- Complete the documentation associated with the administration of medication, and
- Implement hygiene and duty of care procedures when addressing the needs of the client.
Talk to us at Premium Health. We’ll help you select the delivery method best suited for your support staff and your organisation.