Assisting Clients with Medication : Face-to-Face Training
Support workers will learn how to safely assist clients to use a dose administration aid (DAA) and will also complete a problem-solving exercise and complete a workplace medication incident report form.
We are currently only offering public training for this program through our live virtual classroom. Public dates are located below but course content varies to the face-to-face training. Please refer to our course 'Assisting Clients with Medication : Live Virtual Classroom Training' for content variations.
Recognise and identify 2 medication errors from a medication chart
Document a medication incident
Some of the topics in our Assisting Clients with Medication Training Course include:
- Understanding the role of medicines
- Duty of care relating to medications and the roles and responsibilities of the support worker
- Overview the schedule of medicines and its relevance to support workers assisting clients with medications
- Managing medications safely
- Side effects and adverse reactions
- Using dose administration aids
- Recognising and responding to medication incidents
- Understanding the importance of documentation and the recording and reporting process