Manual Handling - People Manual Handling Awareness for Support Workers : Online Live Training
This program is focused on information, support workers require assisting clients who are both semi-dependent and dependent, developing the manual handling knowledge relating to client transfer from bed to chair/wheelchair, sit to stand and walking with aids.
The ability to apply safe manual handing principles and techniques is an essential skill for support workers assisting clients who have reduced mobility. This presentation by a health educator is relevant for support workers in residential care, aged care, day programs and hospitals.
Some of the topics for this manual handling for health care workers course include:
- Understanding the concepts of manual handling
- Identifying manual handling tasks within the general and supportive care environment
- Minimising manual handling injuries to self and others
- Examining the principles of safe lifting and moving of loads
- Over-viewing the relevant health and safety legislative requirements
- Over-viewing risk management process; including a risk management activity
- Prompting versus assisting
- Discussing manual handling techniques for clients who are semi - dependent