Infection Control for the Workplace : Live Virtual Classroom Training
Infection Control for the Workplace : Online Live Training
The program is contextualised to the workplace and workplace policies which support infection control.
Participants will learn about safe work practices including the use of personal hygiene practices and equipment, management of a needle stick injury, management of blood and body fluid spills and the safe disposal of syringes and contaminated waste.
Some of the topics include:
- How to maintain personal hygiene
- Infection prevention and control
- Infectious agents and their modes of transmission
- Hand hygiene and effective hand washing technique
- Standard and transmission based infection control precautions
- Practices that prevent transmission of infection
- Infection risks including management of blood spills and needle stick injuries