Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
The CPR training component will train participants to care for and manage a person in cardiac arrest and provide quality instructional skills on life support (correct ratio of rescue breathing to chest compressions). Each participant will have their own manikin to ventilate and compress the chest to perfect their technique.
This course is also suitable for parents, grandparents or babysitters wanting infant and child specific first aid training.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate the details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
- 4 hours and 15 minutes face-to-face assessment and online e-Learning
- 4 hours and 15 minutes live zoom assessment and online e-Learning
- 8 hours face-to-face training and assessment with online e-Learning
Our training will help you manage and care for a person with a range of first aid issues such as those below:
- Bleeding and shock
- Head injuries
- Respiratory distress, including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Seizures and convulsions, including febrile convulsions and epilepsy
- Sprains and strains using arm slings roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation principles techniques
Anyone over the age of 14 years are eligible to attend. Students attending the course are required to demonstrate their physical ability to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor. This is a requirement of the unit and not of Premium Health. If you are unsure of your ability to demonstrate this requirement please contact us on 1300 721 292.