Microcredential: Complex Bowel Care Training – Ostomy and Stoma Care
As part of Premium Health's Complex Bowel Care Training – Ostomy and Stoma Care Microcredential, students are required to demonstrate specified knowledge and skills throughout the training and assessment session in order to be deemed competent.
The following applies for training completed from the 1st January 2024.
Duration: 2 hours and 45 minutes training and assessment
The person named on the certificate has demonstrated the following knowledge and skills (in a simulated environment):
Prepare to change one-piece ostomy bag:
- Recognise the role and responsibility of the support worker and provide support according to the support plan
- Apply infection control principles
- Communicate clearly with participant using specified preference
- Prepare the participant for changing of one-piece ostomy bag
Change one-piece ostomy bag:
- Perform correct technique for changing a one-piece ostomy bag
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment throughout support delivery
- Support participant dignity and privacy whilst meeting care needs
Complete the changing of one-piece ostomy bag:
- Identify reporting and recording requirements