Manual Handling - People Manual Handling Skills for Support Workers : Face-to-Face Training
This course is focused on support workers assisting clients who are both semi-dependent and dependent and developing the manual handling skills relating to client transfer from bed to chair/wheelchair and sit to stand.
We are currently only offering public training for this program through our live virtual classroom. Public dates are located below but course content varies to the face-to-face training. Please refer to our course 'Manual Handling - People Manual Handling Skills for Support Workers : Live Virtual Classroom Training' for content variations.
Demonstrate client sit to stand
Complete a risk management activity
Some of the topics for our people manual handling course for health care workers include:
- Understanding the concepts of manual handling
- Identifying manual handling tasks within the general and supportive care environment
- Minimising manual handling injuries to self and others
- Identifying the principles of safe lifting and moving of loads
- Examining the relevant health and safety legislative requirements
- Explaining the risk management process; including a risk management activity
- Prompting versus assisting
- Exploring the manual handling techniques for clients who are semi-dependent and fully dependent on others
- Understanding the manual handling support required for a client transfer from bed to chair and bed to wheelchair
- Understanding the manual handling support required for a client using walking aids