Epilepsy and Seizure Support Training and Midazolam Administration
- Identify general epilepsy seizure triggers
- Outline several safe work practices to be used to reduce the likelihood of injury during a seizure
- Describe the management of partial and generalised seizures
- Follow a support plan for epilepsy and seizure management
All Delivery Modes:
- Demonstrate management of unconscious participant on the floor and in a seated position
- Demonstrate in a simulated environment the correct technique of intranasal midazolam administration via the drip method
- Demonstrate in a simulated environment the correct technique of buccal midazolam administration via the ampule method
Delivery Options 2 and 3 Only:
Option 2: 3 hours and 30 minutes live online training with knowledge and skills assessment
Option 3: 3 hours and 30 minutes face-to-face training with knowledge and skills assessment
Option 2: Epilepsy and Seizure Support and Midazolam Administration : Live Online Training with Knowledge and Skills Assessment (Statement of Competence)
Epilepsy and Seizure Support and Midazolam Administration: Face-to-Face Training and Assessment (Statement of Competence)
Our public training option includes skills-based assessment using an equipment pack. This pack will be shipped to your nominated address prior to the training and must be brought to the session. To allow for shipment lead times, enrolments for this course will close 17 days prior to course commencement. Please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Please note the below pricing is inclusive of GST.