Bowel Management - Elimination : Face-to-Face Training
It is an essential component of a support workers role to understand the importance of bowel management, how to follow correct procedures relating to a health plan and communicate and report bowel function.
We are currently only offering public training for this program through our live virtual classroom. Public dates are located below but course content varies to the face-to-face training. Please refer to our course 'Bowel Management - Elimination : Live Virtual Classroom Training' for content variations.
Describe strategies used to maintain regular bowel function
Demonstrate the safe administration of a suppositories and Microlax enemas
Some of the topics include:
- Discussing the anatomy and physiology of the lower intestine
- Over-viewing constipation; causes, signs and symptoms, prevention
- Strategies used to maintain regular bowel function
- Over-viewing bowel training goals and processes
- Examining types of oral laxatives
- Describing principles of suppository and enema administration
- Demonstrating and practice of suppository and enema administration techniques
- Reviewing a generic health care plan for bowel elimination and reporting on bowel function and elimination